[ANNOUNCE] Apache Tobago 3.0.0-alpha-3 Release

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Tobago 3.0.0-alpha-3 Release

Udo Schnurpfeil
The Apache MyFaces team is pleased to announce the release of Apache
Tobago 3.0.0-beta-1.

More information at: http://myfaces.apache.org/tobago/

For news to Tobago 3.0 see also (work in progress):
http://myfaces.apache.org/tobago/migration-3.0.html

Regards,

The MyFaces Team

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Tobago 3.0.0-beta-1 Release

Udo Schnurpfeil
Sorry, subject was wrong...

Am 09.12.16 um 13:58 schrieb Udo Schnurpfeil:

> The Apache MyFaces team is pleased to announce the release of Apache
> Tobago 3.0.0-beta-1.
>
> More information at: http://myfaces.apache.org/tobago/
>
> For news to Tobago 3.0 see also (work in progress):
> http://myfaces.apache.org/tobago/migration-3.0.html
>
> Regards,
>
> The MyFaces Team

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Tobago 3.0.0-alpha-3 Release

Matthew Broadhead
Thanks I was not aware of Tobago.  I looked through the demo and it has
some great features like the calendar control and popup box among many
other things.

however on the "Select controls" demo the "Singleselection List",
"Multiselection List" and "Shuttle List" seem to bleed outside their
boundaries.  i am using the latest version of Chrome

On 09/12/2016 13:58, Udo Schnurpfeil wrote:

> The Apache MyFaces team is pleased to announce the release of Apache
> Tobago 3.0.0-beta-1.
>
> More information at: http://myfaces.apache.org/tobago/
>
> For news to Tobago 3.0 see also (work in progress):
> http://myfaces.apache.org/tobago/migration-3.0.html
>
> Regards,
>
> The MyFaces Team

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Tobago 3.0.0-alpha-3 (xxx -> beta-1) Release

Udo Schnurpfeil
Hi,

thanks for the hint. You got me not updating the demo to the current beta 1 (this version uses an update of bootstrap which fixes the problem).

Now it's up to date, so it should work.

Regards,

Udo

> Am 09.12.2016 um 14:55 schrieb Matthew Broadhead <[hidden email]>:
>
> Thanks I was not aware of Tobago.  I looked through the demo and it has some great features like the calendar control and popup box among many other things.
>
> however on the "Select controls" demo the "Singleselection List", "Multiselection List" and "Shuttle List" seem to bleed outside their boundaries.  i am using the latest version of Chrome
>
>> On 09/12/2016 13:58, Udo Schnurpfeil wrote:
>> The Apache MyFaces team is pleased to announce the release of Apache
>> Tobago 3.0.0-beta-1.
>>
>> More information at: http://myfaces.apache.org/tobago/
>>
>> For news to Tobago 3.0 see also (work in progress):
>> http://myfaces.apache.org/tobago/migration-3.0.html
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> The MyFaces Team

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Tobago 3.0.0-alpha-3 (xxx -> beta-1) Release

Matthew Broadhead
yes it looks like it is working now from this end.  i have a couple of
questions:

i added tobago 3.0.0-alpha6 to a project (core and default theme). i was
looking to replace primefaces calendar control because it didn't work
for me in a particular situation.  once i added the taglib to my xhtml
header all the ajax commandlinks stopped working  (e.g. <h:commandLink
value="example" action="#{bean.someAction}"><f:ajax
render="@form"/></h:commandLink>)

also as i only use a few primefaces controls i wanted to ask if you have
similar controls to replace those.  they are p:growl, p:ajaxStatus, p:switch

On 10/12/2016 10:14, Udo Schnurpfeil wrote:

> Hi,
>
> thanks for the hint. You got me not updating the demo to the current beta 1 (this version uses an update of bootstrap which fixes the problem).
>
> Now it's up to date, so it should work.
>
> Regards,
>
> Udo
>
>> Am 09.12.2016 um 14:55 schrieb Matthew Broadhead <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Thanks I was not aware of Tobago.  I looked through the demo and it has some great features like the calendar control and popup box among many other things.
>>
>> however on the "Select controls" demo the "Singleselection List", "Multiselection List" and "Shuttle List" seem to bleed outside their boundaries.  i am using the latest version of Chrome
>>
>>> On 09/12/2016 13:58, Udo Schnurpfeil wrote:
>>> The Apache MyFaces team is pleased to announce the release of Apache
>>> Tobago 3.0.0-beta-1.
>>>
>>> More information at: http://myfaces.apache.org/tobago/
>>>
>>> For news to Tobago 3.0 see also (work in progress):
>>> http://myfaces.apache.org/tobago/migration-3.0.html
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> The MyFaces Team

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Tobago 3.0.0-alpha-3 (xxx -> beta-1) Release

Udo Schnurpfeil
Hi, Matthew,

currently you can't use AJAX in <h:*> tag in Tobago.

You may have seen the main focus of Tobago is using their own tags,
thought all the HTML, CSS and JS stuff resolved automatically.

I think this problem is resolvable, but currently there is no timetable
to make the AJAX running with <h:*> tags.

(Technical detail: For h:-tags the default ClientBehaviorRenderer must
be use and for tc:-tags the TobagoClientBehaviorRenderer. Does anybody
know, if it's possible to wrap the ClientBehaviorRenderer or even get it
via the API?)

growl: currently on the todo list is something similar: TOBAGO-1550

ajaxStatus: Currently there is only a default implementation for that.
Customization whould be a nice feature.

swich: currently not included, but is no problem to build.

You may add feature requests to JIRA:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOBAGO/

Regards,

Udo

Am 10.12.16 um 12:25 schrieb Matthew Broadhead:

> yes it looks like it is working now from this end.  i have a couple of
> questions:
>
> i added tobago 3.0.0-alpha6 to a project (core and default theme). i was
> looking to replace primefaces calendar control because it didn't work
> for me in a particular situation.  once i added the taglib to my xhtml
> header all the ajax commandlinks stopped working  (e.g. <h:commandLink
> value="example" action="#{bean.someAction}"><f:ajax
> render="@form"/></h:commandLink>)
>
> also as i only use a few primefaces controls i wanted to ask if you have
> similar controls to replace those.  they are p:growl, p:ajaxStatus,
> p:switch
>
> On 10/12/2016 10:14, Udo Schnurpfeil wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> thanks for the hint. You got me not updating the demo to the current
>> beta 1 (this version uses an update of bootstrap which fixes the
>> problem).
>>
>> Now it's up to date, so it should work.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Udo
>>
>>> Am 09.12.2016 um 14:55 schrieb Matthew Broadhead
>>> <[hidden email]>:
>>>
>>> Thanks I was not aware of Tobago.  I looked through the demo and it
>>> has some great features like the calendar control and popup box among
>>> many other things.
>>>
>>> however on the "Select controls" demo the "Singleselection List",
>>> "Multiselection List" and "Shuttle List" seem to bleed outside their
>>> boundaries.  i am using the latest version of Chrome

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Tobago 3.0.0 Release

Udo Schnurpfeil
The Apache MyFaces team is pleased to announce the release of Apache
Tobago 3.0.0.

Apache Tobago is a component library for JavaServer Faces (JSF) that
allows to write web-applications without the need of coding HTML, CSS
and JavaScript.

Main new features
-----------------

* LayoutManager moved from Server to CSS (or JS in limited cases)
* Themes using CSS lib Bootstrap 4 http://getbootstrap.com/
* Responsiveness
* Simplify many things by using current technologies
* Easier to integrate Tobago in other projects
* Easier to integrate libraries in Tobago
* In general: do less magic, but more standard

A more detailed list you will find in the demo:
http://irian.biz/tobago-example-demo/faces/content/10-intro/30-new+in+3+0/new+in+3+0.xhtml

Changes
-------

Please check the release notes at
http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310273&styleName=Html&version=12325880
 for a full list of the changes in this version.

A migration guide you will find in the demo:

http://irian.biz/tobago-example-demo/faces/content/10-intro/50-migration/97-migration/migration30.xhtml

Known limitations and bugs:
---------------------------

The classic grid layout manager is not working exactly in the same
manner as before. Here are some issues, especially for vertical layout.
The main focus of this release was segment layout and flex layout.

Currently we have only the standard theme. The other themes have only
some colors changed, but are not fascinating. So these themes
(scarborough, speyside, richmond, charlotteville) are excluded from the
release.

Also some examples are no longer in active development (test,
addressbook). Some of its content should be migrated to the "demo",
before removing them, but this may be done later. They are also excluded
from the release.

For more information about Apache Tobago, please visit
http://myfaces.apache.org/tobago/.

Have fun,
-The MyFaces team

RE: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Tobago 3.0.0 Release

John-121
UNSUBSCRIBE

[...]

For more information about Apache Tobago, please visit http://myfaces.apache.org/tobago/.

Have fun,
-The MyFaces team

________________________________

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

RE: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Tobago 3.0.0 Release

John-121
UNSUBSCRIBE

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Tobago 3.0.1

Udo Schnurpfeil
The Apache MyFaces team is pleased to announce the release of Apache
Tobago 3.0.1.

Apache Tobago is a component library for JavaServer Faces (JSF) that
allows to write web-applications without the need of coding HTML, CSS
and JavaScript

Main new features
-----------------

* bugfixes
* update versions of dependencies

Changes
-------

Please check the release notes at
http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310273&styleName=Html&version=12338730
for a full list of the changes in this version.

Known limitations and bugs
--------------------------

The classic grid layout manager is not working exactly in the same
manner as before. Here are some issues, especially for vertical layout.

For more information about Apache Tobago, please visit
http://myfaces.apache.org/tobago/.

Have fun,
-The MyFaces team

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Tobago 2.1.0 released

Udo Schnurpfeil-4
The Apache MyFaces team is pleased to announce the release of Apache
Tobago 2.1.0.

Apache Tobago is a component library for JavaServer Faces (JSF) that
allows to write web-applications without the need of coding HTML, CSS
and JavaScript

Main new features of this release
---------------------------------

* File Upload: Drag and Drop support and AJAX support
* Bugfixes

Changes
-------

Please check the release notes at
http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310273&styleName=Html&version=12338208
for a full list of the changes in this version.

For more information about Apache Tobago, please visit
http://myfaces.apache.org/tobago/.

Have fun,
-The MyFaces team

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Tobago 3.0.5 released

Udo Schnurpfeil-4

http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310273&styleName=Html&version=12340325
for a full list of the changes in this version.

For more information about Apache Tobago, please visit
http://myfaces.apache.org/tobago/.

Have fun,
-The MyFaces team

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Tobago 3.0.6 released

Udo Schnurpfeil-4
The Apache MyFaces team is pleased to announce the release of Apache
Tobago 3.0.6.

http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310273&styleName=Html&version=12341574
for a full list of the changes in this version.

For more information about Apache Tobago, please visit
http://myfaces.apache.org/tobago/.

Have fun,
-The MyFaces team

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Tobago 4.0.0 Release

Udo Schnurpfeil-4
The Apache MyFaces team is pleased to announce the release of Apache
Tobago 4.0.0.

Apache Tobago is a component library for JavaServer Faces (JSF) that
allows to write web-applications without the need of coding HTML, CSS
and JavaScript.

Main new features
-----------------

Generally the ideas of Tobago 3 are continued.

You can find an overview in the demo:
http://tobago-vm.apache.org/demo-4-release/content/10-intro/28-new+in+4+0/new+in+4+0.xhtml

A migration guide you will find also in the demo:

http://tobago-vm.apache.org/demo-4-release/content/10-intro/50-migration/96-migration/migration40.xhtml

Changes
-------

Please check the release notes at
http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310273&styleName=Html&version=12338728
 for a full list of the changes in this version.

For more information about Apache Tobago, please visit
http://myfaces.apache.org/tobago/.

Have fun,
-The MyFaces team

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Tobago 2.1.1 released

Udo Schnurpfeil-4
The Apache MyFaces team is pleased to announce the release of Apache
Tobago 2.1.1.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310273&styleName=Html&version=12341246