Quantcast

CODI - turn off startup config logging?

oversteer

Hi, can anyone tell me how to lose this from my server log? I couldn't see anything in the
docs.

Used JSF implementation: Mojarra v2.1.3-FCS
config implementation: org.apache.myfaces.extensions.cdi.jsf.api.config.JsfModuleConfig
   method: isUseViewConfigsAsNavigationCasesEnabled
   value: true
   method: isInvalidValueAwareMessageInterpolatorEnabled
   value: true
   method: isInitialRedirectEnabled
   value: true
   method: isAlwaysKeepMessages
   value: true

Thanks.

Re: CODI - turn off startup config logging?

Gerhard Petracek
hi,

see CodiCoreConfig#isConfigurationLoggingEnabled

regards,
gerhard

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF/JavaEE powerhouse -
JavaEE Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

2011/12/1 oversteer <[hidden email]>

> Hi, can anyone tell me how to lose this from my server log? I couldn't see
> anything in the
> docs.
>
> Used JSF implementation: Mojarra v2.1.3-FCS
> config implementation:
> org.apache.myfaces.extensions.cdi.jsf.api.config.JsfModuleConfig
>   method:      isUseViewConfigsAsNavigationCasesEnabled
>   value:       true
>   method:      isInvalidValueAwareMessageInterpolatorEnabled
>   value:       true
>   method:      isInitialRedirectEnabled
>   value:       true
>   method:      isAlwaysKeepMessages
>   value:       true
>
> Thanks.

Re: CODI - turn off startup config logging?

oversteer
I'm afraid I'm non the wiser for this - do I extend CodeCoreConfig and override the function? If so
does this need to be in an @ApplicationScoped bean? Do I need any other annotations like @Enhanced
or @Advanced? is there anything else I need to do to ensure that the overridden method is called on
startup? What would be really great is an example.

Thanks.

Gerhard Petracek wrote

2011/12/1 oversteer <brendanhealey110@yahoo.co.uk>

> Hi, can anyone tell me how to lose this from my server log? I couldn't see
> anything in the
> docs.
>
> Used JSF implementation: Mojarra v2.1.3-FCS
> config implementation:
> org.apache.myfaces.extensions.cdi.jsf.api.config.JsfModuleConfig
>   method:      isUseViewConfigsAsNavigationCasesEnabled
>   value:       true
>   method:      isInvalidValueAwareMessageInterpolatorEnabled
>   value:       true
>   method:      isInitialRedirectEnabled
>   value:       true
>   method:      isAlwaysKeepMessages
>   value:       true
>
> Thanks.

Re: CODI - turn off startup config logging?

Gerhard Petracek
hi,

that depends on your environment (in combination with owb it's easy [1] and
in combination with weld it's more complex and depends on the version you
have to use) - see [2].

regards,
gerhard

[1] http://goo.gl/zsFfe
[2]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EXTCDI/Alternative+Configuration

2011/12/2 oversteer <[hidden email]>

> I'm afraid I'm non the wiser for this - do I extend CodeCoreConfig and
> override the function? If so
> does this need to be in an @ApplicationScoped bean? Do I need any other
> annotations like @Enhanced
> or @Advanced? is there anything else I need to do to ensure that the
> overridden method is called on
> startup? What would be really great is an example.
>
> Thanks.
>

> Gerhard Petracek wrote:
> >
> > hi,
> >
> > see CodiCoreConfig#isConfigurationLoggingEnabled
> >
> > regards,
> > gerhard
> >
> > http://www.irian.at
> >
> > Your JSF/JavaEE powerhouse -
> > JavaEE Consulting, Development and
> > Courses in English and German
> >
> > Professional Support for Apache MyFaces
> >

> > 2011/12/1 oversteer <[hidden email]>
> >

> >> Hi, can anyone tell me how to lose this from my server log? I couldn't
> >> see
> >> anything in the
> >> docs.
> >>
> >> Used JSF implementation: Mojarra v2.1.3-FCS
> >> config implementation:
> >> org.apache.myfaces.extensions.cdi.jsf.api.config.JsfModuleConfig
> >>   method:      isUseViewConfigsAsNavigationCasesEnabled
> >>   value:       true
> >>   method:      isInvalidValueAwareMessageInterpolatorEnabled
> >>   value:       true
> >>   method:      isInitialRedirectEnabled
> >>   value:       true
> >>   method:      isAlwaysKeepMessages
> >>   value:       true
> >>
> >> Thanks.

Re: CODI - turn off startup config logging?

oversteer
Gerhard, I'm a glassfish 3.1.1 user, so stuck with weld. I tried @Specializes with no luck. Maybe
I need to stick with the logging!

2011/12/2 oversteer <brendanhealey110@yahoo.co.uk>

> I'm afraid I'm non the wiser for this - do I extend CodeCoreConfig and
> override the function? If so
> does this need to be in an @ApplicationScoped bean? Do I need any other
> annotations like @Enhanced
> or @Advanced? is there anything else I need to do to ensure that the
> overridden method is called on
> startup? What would be really great is an example.
>
> Thanks.
>

> Gerhard Petracek wrote:
> >
> > hi,
> >
> > see CodiCoreConfig#isConfigurationLoggingEnabled
> >
> > regards,
> > gerhard
> >
> > http://www.irian.at
> >
> > Your JSF/JavaEE powerhouse -
> > JavaEE Consulting, Development and
> > Courses in English and German
> >
> > Professional Support for Apache MyFaces
> >

> > 2011/12/1 oversteer <brendanhealey110@yahoo.co.uk>
> >

> >> Hi, can anyone tell me how to lose this from my server log? I couldn't
> >> see
> >> anything in the
> >> docs.
> >>
> >> Used JSF implementation: Mojarra v2.1.3-FCS
> >> config implementation:
> >> org.apache.myfaces.extensions.cdi.jsf.api.config.JsfModuleConfig
> >>   method:      isUseViewConfigsAsNavigationCasesEnabled
> >>   value:       true
> >>   method:      isInvalidValueAwareMessageInterpolatorEnabled
> >>   value:       true
> >>   method:      isInitialRedirectEnabled
> >>   value:       true
> >>   method:      isAlwaysKeepMessages
> >>   value:       true
> >>
> >> Thanks.

Re: CODI - turn off startup config logging?

Gerhard Petracek
esp. for weld we have the alternative implementation modules. you can use
them to provide custom implementations (e.g. [1] and [2]) or you are using
the alternative config modules which use btw. need the alternative
implementation modules (-> you can use something like [3]).

regards,
gerhard

[1]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/extensions/cdi/trunk/alternative-modules/alternative-configuration-modules/core-alternative-configuration-module/src/main/java/org/apache/myfaces/extensions/cdi/core/alternative/config/AlternativeCodiCoreConfig.java
[2]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/extensions/cdi/trunk/alternative-modules/alternative-configuration-modules/core-alternative-configuration-module/src/main/resources/META-INF/services/org.apache.myfaces.extensions.cdi.core.api.config.CodiConfig
[3]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/extensions/cdi/trunk/alternative-modules/alternative-configuration-modules/core-alternative-configuration-module/src/test/resources/myfaces-extcdi.properties

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF/JavaEE powerhouse -
JavaEE Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

2011/12/2 oversteer <[hidden email]>

> Gerhard, I'm a glassfish 3.1.1 user, so stuck with weld. I tried
> @Specializes
> with no luck. Maybe
> I need to stick with the logging!
>

> Gerhard Petracek wrote:
> >
> > hi,
> >
> > that depends on your environment (in combination with owb it's easy [1]
> > and
> > in combination with weld it's more complex and depends on the version you
> > have to use) - see [2].
> >
> > regards,
> > gerhard
> >
> > [1] http://goo.gl/zsFfe
> > [2]
> >
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EXTCDI/Alternative+Configuration
> >
> > http://www.irian.at
> >
> > Your JSF/JavaEE powerhouse -
> > JavaEE Consulting, Development and
> > Courses in English and German
> >
> > Professional Support for Apache MyFaces
> >

> > 2011/12/2 oversteer <[hidden email]>
> >

> >> I'm afraid I'm non the wiser for this - do I extend CodeCoreConfig and
> >> override the function? If so
> >> does this need to be in an @ApplicationScoped bean? Do I need any other
> >> annotations like @Enhanced
> >> or @Advanced? is there anything else I need to do to ensure that the
> >> overridden method is called on
> >> startup? What would be really great is an example.
> >>
> >> Thanks.

> couldn't

Re: CODI - turn off startup config logging?

Mark Struberg
In glassfish the best solution is to just use mvn dependency:unpack-dependencies into your target/classes before building the war.

Then exclude all jars from WEB-INF/lib.

See
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/CDI-18
and other issues with BDAs.

LieGrue,
strub

> [...]
>>  >>
>>
> http://old.nabble.com/CODI---turn-off-startup-config-logging--tp32898132p32898132.html
>>  >> >> Sent from the MyFaces - Users mailing list archive at
> Nabble.com.
>>  >> >>
>>  >> >>
>>  >> >
>>  >> >
>>  >>
>>  >> --
>>  >>
>>
> http://old.nabble.com/CODI---turn-off-startup-config-logging--tp32898132p32904085.html
>>  >> Sent from the MyFaces - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>  >>
>>  >>
>>  >
>>  >

Re: CODI - turn off startup config logging?

short addition (fyi):

[1] should fix the issue and it's possible to use @Specializes again.

regards,
gerhard