Getting Subclipse to connect

Neal Haggard
Hi, I'm using Eclipse 3.1M4 and Subclipse 0.9.30 and I'm having trouble connecting to the Apache repository for MyFaces.  My work has a Proxy for web connections, which I have configured under the Install/Update portion of the preferences per the Subclipse instructions.  When I try and add a new SVN Repository:

    Root url:  http://svn.apache.org/repos

    No Authentication
    Validate Connection on Finish

   I get:

       Error validating location: "org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: RA layer request failed
       svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/repos/asf/myfaces/trunk'
       svn: PROPFIND of '/repos/asf/myfaces/trunk': could not connect to server (http://svn.apache.org)"

       Keep location anyway?

Has anyone seen anything like this before?  Anyone have any suggestions?

For read-only access, can I still use CVS?

Re: Getting Subclipse to connect

Grant Smith-3
Neal Haggard wrote:

>Hi, I'm using Eclipse 3.1M4 and Subclipse 0.9.30 and I'm having trouble connecting to the Apache repository for MyFaces.  My work has a Proxy for web connections, which I have configured under the Install/Update portion of the preferences per the Subclipse instructions.  When I try and add a new SVN Repository:

>    Root url:  http://svn.apache.org/repos

Try making the root URL

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces

>    No Authentication
>    Validate Connection on Finish
>
>   I get:
>
>       Error validating location: "org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: RA layer request failed
>       svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/repos/asf/myfaces/trunk'
>       svn: PROPFIND of '/repos/asf/myfaces/trunk': could not connect to server (http://svn.apache.org)"
>
>       Keep location anyway?
>
>Has anyone seen anything like this before?  Anyone have any suggestions?
>
>For read-only access, can I still use CVS?

No, CVS is now gone. If you can still access it, it is old sources.

RE: Getting Subclipse to connect

Neal Haggard
I've changed my Root url to what you suggest, with no change in the error.  It's still saying it can't connect to svn.apache.org.  I guess next step is to head over to the Subclipse user mailing list and see if anyone over there has seen something similar.

Thanks

>Hi, I'm using Eclipse 3.1M4 and Subclipse 0.9.30 and I'm having trouble connecting to the Apache repository for MyFaces.  My work has a Proxy for web connections, which I have configured under the Install/Update portion of the preferences per the Subclipse instructions.  When I try and add a new SVN Repository:

>    Root url:  http://svn.apache.org/repos

Try making the root URL

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces

>    No Authentication
>    Validate Connection on Finish
>
>   I get:
>
>       Error validating location: "org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: RA layer request failed
>       svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/repos/asf/myfaces/trunk'
>       svn: PROPFIND of '/repos/asf/myfaces/trunk': could not connect to server (http://svn.apache.org)"
>
>       Keep location anyway?
>
>Has anyone seen anything like this before?  Anyone have any suggestions?
>
>For read-only access, can I still use CVS?

No, CVS is now gone. If you can still access it, it is old sources.

RE: Getting Subclipse to connect

Sylvain Vieujot
I had troubles to use eclipse+subclipse too.
I used the commiters URL, and I can checkout, but then subclipse seems to loose track of the repository URL.
I think this is a subclipse problem, as it worked fine with an older version of subclipse (I have eclipse 3.1M6 + subclipse 0.9.30.

In the meantime, I resolved to do it by hand which isn't that bad really.

If you find a fix, please let us know.

Sylvain.

On Wed, 2005-05-11 at 15:48 -0400, Neal Haggard wrote:
I've changed my Root url to what you suggest, with no change in the error.  It's still saying it can't connect to svn.apache.org.  I guess next step is to head over to the Subclipse user mailing list and see if anyone over there has seen something similar.

Thanks

>Hi, I'm using Eclipse 3.1M4 and Subclipse 0.9.30 and I'm having trouble connecting to the Apache repository for MyFaces.  My work has a Proxy for web connections, which I have configured under the Install/Update portion of the preferences per the Subclipse instructions.  When I try and add a new SVN Repository:

>    Root url:  http://svn.apache.org/repos

Try making the root URL

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces

>    No Authentication
>    Validate Connection on Finish
>
>   I get:
>
>       Error validating location: "org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: RA layer request failed
>       svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/repos/asf/myfaces/trunk'
>       svn: PROPFIND of '/repos/asf/myfaces/trunk': could not connect to server (http://svn.apache.org)"
>
>       Keep location anyway?
>
>Has anyone seen anything like this before?  Anyone have any suggestions?
>
>For read-only access, can I still use CVS?

No, CVS is now gone. If you can still access it, it is old sources.

Re: Getting Subclipse to connect

Bruno Aranda
I am using eclipse 3.1M6 and subclipse 0.9.30 with JavaSVN and I have no problems to get and work with the myfaces SVN repository with anonymous identification, using

url: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces
repos: http://svn.apache.org/repos

I am also using this combination to access to a local SVN repository...

Bruno

I've changed my Root url to what you suggest, with no change in the error.  It's still saying it can't connect to <a href="http://svn.apache.org" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">
svn.apache.org.  I guess next step is to head over to the Subclipse user mailing list and see if anyone over there has seen something similar.

Thanks

>Hi, I'm using Eclipse 3.1M4 and Subclipse 0.9.30 and I'm having trouble connecting to the Apache repository for MyFaces. My work has a Proxy for web connections, which I have configured under the Install/Update portion of the preferences per the Subclipse instructions. When I try and add a new SVN Repository:

> Root url: <a href="http://svn.apache.org/repos" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">http://svn.apache.org/repos

Try making the root URL

> No Authentication
> Validate Connection on Finish
>
> I get:
>
> Error validating location: "org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: RA layer request failed
> svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/repos/asf/myfaces/trunk'
> svn: PROPFIND of '/repos/asf/myfaces/trunk': could not connect to server (<a href="http://svn.apache.org" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)"> http://svn.apache.org)"
>
> Keep location anyway?
>
>Has anyone seen anything like this before? Anyone have any suggestions?
>
>For read-only access, can I still use CVS?

No, CVS is now gone. If you can still access it, it is old sources.

RE: Getting Subclipse to connect

hermod.opstvedt
Hi

I am using the same setup also behind a proxy, and it works just great.
PS: DO not fill in anything for the username and password.

Hermod

[...]

entity to whom it is addressed. Please also be aware that the DnB NOR Group
cannot accept any payment orders or other legally binding correspondence with
customers as a part of an email.

This email message has been virus checked by the virus programs used
in the DnB NOR Group.