No tag defined for name

Chris Baumgartner
Hello,

I have a JSF application that has been using Mojarra for the past 2
years. I am attempting to switch to MyFaces 2.2.9, but I am having
problems.

It doesn't seem to like my composite components. I am getting numerous
exceptions like:

javax.faces.view.facelets.TagException: /views/records/records.xhtml
@81,57 <common:paging> Tag Library supports namespace:
http://java.sun.com/jsf/composite/components/common, but no tag was
defined for name: paging

This worked in Mojarra, but for some reason is not working in MyFaces.

My namespace declarations in records.xhtml look like:

         xmlns:c="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core"
         xmlns:common="http://java.sun.com/jsf/composite/components/common"
         xmlns:h="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html"
         xmlns:f="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core"
         xmlns:ui="http://java.sun.com/jsf/facelets">
<ui:composition template="/templates/template.xhtml">

My project structure looks like:

webapp/resources/components/common/paging.xhtml
webapp/templates/template.xhtml
webapp/views/records/records.xhtml

Any ideas on what is causing this?

Thanks.

--

Chris Baumgartner
Java Software Developer

--
NOTICE: This message, including any attachments, is only for the use of the
information, or information otherwise protected from disclosure by law.  If
reply email and destroy this message, including all attachments, and any
copies thereof.

Re: No tag defined for name

Mike Kienenberger
It looks right to me.

Is "commons/paging.xhtml" the only component not working?
Do other components in "components/commons/" work?
Do other components in "components" work?

My app uses .../resources/component/thing.xhtml" but moving "thing.xhtml"
to "component/common" seems to still work.   I didn't try renaming
"component" to "components" and I suppose my test of the process may have
been flawed.   This was under MyFaces 2.1.14.

Maybe creating a simple test app would help you track it down, or at least
provide an example to use for opening a JIRA issue.   It'd be helpful to
know if it's only a problem with MyFaces 2.2.x or if it wasn't working for
you under 2.1.x either.

On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 10:40 AM, Chris Baumgartner <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a JSF application that has been using Mojarra for the past 2
> years. I am attempting to switch to MyFaces 2.2.9, but I am having
> problems.
>
> It doesn't seem to like my composite components. I am getting numerous
> exceptions like:
>
> javax.faces.view.facelets.TagException: /views/records/records.xhtml
> @81,57 <common:paging> Tag Library supports namespace:
> http://java.sun.com/jsf/composite/components/common, but no tag was
> defined for name: paging
>
> This worked in Mojarra, but for some reason is not working in MyFaces.
>
> My namespace declarations in records.xhtml look like:

>   "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
>          xmlns:c="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core"
>          xmlns:common="http://java.sun.com/jsf/composite/components/common
> "
>          xmlns:h="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html"
>          xmlns:f="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core"
>          xmlns:ui="http://java.sun.com/jsf/facelets">
> <ui:composition template="/templates/template.xhtml">
>

> My project structure looks like:
>
> webapp/resources/components/common/paging.xhtml
> webapp/templates/template.xhtml
> webapp/views/records/records.xhtml
>

> Any ideas on what is causing this?
>
> Thanks.
>

> --
>
> Chris Baumgartner
> Java Software Developer
> FUJIFILM Medical Systems U.S.A., Inc.
> TeraMedica Division
> 10400 Innovation Drive, Suite 200
> Milwaukee, WI 53226
> Office: (414) 908-7724
> www.teramedica.com
>
> --
> NOTICE: This message, including any attachments, is only for the use of the
> information, or information otherwise protected from disclosure by law.  If
> the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby
> notified that any use, disclosure, copying, dissemination or distribution
> of this message or any of its attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you
> received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately by
> reply email and destroy this message, including all attachments, and any
> copies thereof.

Re: No tag defined for name

Leonardo Uribe
Hi

Have you tried this web config param?

org.apache.myfaces.STRICT_JSF_2_ALLOW_SLASH_LIBRARY_NAME

set it to true. It was added on this issue:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-3454

regards,

Leonardo Uribe