[jira] [Updated] (MYFACES-3528) CLONE - Performance Improvements

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[jira] [Updated] (MYFACES-3528) CLONE - Performance Improvements

My Faces - Dev mailing list

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-3528?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel ]

Thomas Andraschko updated MYFACES-3528:
---------------------------------------
    Resolution: Won't Fix
        Status: Resolved  (was: Patch Available)

As 1.x is in maintenance mode and this is "just" a improvement, i would close this for now.

> CLONE - Performance Improvements
> --------------------------------
>
>                 Key: MYFACES-3528
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-3528
>             Project: MyFaces Core
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>    Affects Versions: 1.1.9
>            Reporter: Krashan Brahmanjara
>            Assignee: Martin Marinschek
>             Fix For: 1.1.11-SNAPSHOT
>
>         Attachments: ApplicationImpl.java, _ComponentAttributesMap.java
>
>
> Last week I did some JMeter testing, profiling and code checking on MyFaces to try increase the overall performance. Here are my suggestions for improvement:
> *) _ComponentAttributesMap
> I introduced a cache for maps with component attributes. This cache avoids rebuilding the map for every instance of the same component class. It is implemented using a WeakHashMap to allow the GC to remove entries that are not referenced in any instance.
> *) UIComponentBase
> Made a few changes in isIdValid as it is called quite often. The new id is now checked against the old id and if it is the same it is assumed as valid (avoids checking chars). Additionally I use isLetterOrDigit() and access string chars directly insted of fetching an array first.
> *) ImplicitObjectResolver
> I replaced List with Map to avoid iteration over lists.
> *) HtmlResponseWriterImpl
> Use new method of HTMLEncoder for char[]
> *) HTMLEncoder
> Improved performance of encode mthod and added a new one that takes a char[] und directly writes to a writer.
> *) UnicodeEncoder
> Replaced StringBuffer with StringBuilder.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.4.14#64029)