org.apache.myfaces.shade packages in JSF 2.3

org.apache.myfaces.shade packages in JSF 2.3

Paul Nicolucci

Hi,

I noticed in the latest JSF 2.3 code base we still have the org.apache.myfaces.shade packages that were added here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-4005

Do we plan to remove this and update the commons-codec dependency in jsf 2.3? I looked quick to see if there was a JIRA for this but I didn't see it so wanted to check in
and see if I should open one or if it was being addressed someplace else.

Thanks,

Paul

Re: org.apache.myfaces.shade packages in JSF 2.3

Leonardo Uribe
Hi

The code in core/branches/2.3.x is a working prototype of JSF 2.3 spec. It is ready for a beta release, after a release of MyFaces Test.

We haven't discussed anything about add commons-codec dependency and remove shade package. But this is a good moment to say something about it.

MYFACES-4005 was something done on the way to fix an issue, but in my opinion update commons-codec and remove shade package has sense, at least for 2.3.

regards,

Leonardo Uribe

I noticed in the latest JSF 2.3 code base we still have the org.apache.myfaces.shade packages that were added here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-4005

Do we plan to remove this and update the commons-codec dependency in jsf 2.3? I looked quick to see if there was a JIRA for this but I didn't see it so wanted to check in
and see if I should open one or if it was being addressed someplace else.

Thanks,

Paul

Re: org.apache.myfaces.shade packages in JSF 2.3

Paul Nicolucci

+1 for updating the commons-codec dependency and removing the shade package for JSF 2.3.

Regards,

Paul Nicolucci

Inactive hide details for Leonardo Uribe ---05/25/2017 11:29:28 PM---Hi The code in core/branches/2.3.x is a working prototype Leonardo Uribe ---05/25/2017 11:29:28 PM---Hi The code in core/branches/2.3.x is a working prototype of JSF 2.3 spec. It

Re: org.apache.myfaces.shade packages in JSF 2.3

Dennis Kieselhorst-2
> +1 for updating the commons-codec dependency and removing the shade package
> for JSF 2.3.

I agree, I've done the change in 2.3.x branch.

Regards
Dennis